Cosulich Interiors & Antiques
Hilton McConnico by Formia 1990s Italian Orange Murano Art Glass Vase745PA2
One-of-a-kind organic modern Art Glass sculptures signed by Hilton McConnico, designed and blown in the 1990s, part of an exclusive collection of unique pieces designed for Formia - Murano. High quality and Maestria of the execution in blown Murano glass: Also in this collection, we have a green and yellow vase. Dimensions: 9 in. D x 9.75 W x 8.5 H The "cactus" centerpiece is composed of a rare burnt orange, shimmery whiskey color bowl blown with a hollow to host a projection in overlaid black Murano glass extensively worked with yellow green Murrine. Can be used as a flower vase and a stand alone art piece. A green and yellow vase is also available part of this collection. Dimensions: 9 in. D x 9.75 W x 8.5 H Both are true conversation and collector pieces. Joseph Hilton McConnico (Memphis 1943 - Paris 2018), talented, versatile designer and artist with an unquenchable creativity vein, after working in fashion for such designers as Ted Lapidus and Yves St. Laurent, was set designer & Art director for more than 20 films, including the cult classic Diva. In 1990 Memphis Brooks Museum of Art held a retrospective of 30 years of his creations. His collaboration with Daum crystal began in 1987; some of his "Cactus" creations for this manufacturer were presented by former French President François Mitterrand to President George H. W. Bush as a gift of state. He was also the first American to have work permanently inducted into the Louvre's Decorative Arts collection. He developed long standing relationships with Murano big names like Veronese and Formia for whom he designed several collections and unique pieces. McConnico was also very active on the global design scene, especially in architecture and interior design. His latest projects included the Paris Toupary restaurant on the fifth-floor of the historic Samaritaine department store and the Hermes Museum in Tokyo, which he conceived for the new Renzo Piano building in the famed Ginza shopping district.
FREE CONTINENTAL US SHIPPING
Of the period
Of the period
Excellent, wear consistent with age and use
Exchange Within 30 Days or Store Credit
Terms of Service
Exchange within 30 days or Store Credit.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
You acknowledge and agree that:
(1) We must receive payment in full before delivery unless other payment terms are specified. Special orders may require payment in full or a non-refundable deposit in the amount stated at the time your order is placed depending on the piece.
(2) All of the items described are sold "as is" and with all faults. We make every effort to describe as accurately as possible the condition. For custom-designed items, we cannot guarantee the full accuracy of colors.
(3) Antique pieces inherently have wear and tear from age and prior use, and despite restoration, may still have faults, such as nail pops, scratches, splinters, blemishes, stains, etc. We are not responsible for any of the inherent characteristics of antique pieces.
(4) All sales are final and may not be cancelled. The items purchased may not be returned for refund or exchange except as stated in paragraphs 5 and 6 below.
(5) Returns will be accepted for an in-store merchandise voucher of equal value ONLY if the merchandise is returned in the same condition as existed when it was purchased, and ONLY if returned within thirty (30) days of the date of delivery, and ONLY if accompanied by the original sales receipt.
(6) if any of the items that you purchased are damaged during deliveries carried out IN FULL by Cosulich Interiors and you notify us at the time of delivery, we will, at our expense, restore the piece to your satisfaction. If the piece is lost or stolen, or damaged beyond restoration, we will accept a return of the piece for a full refund or exchange, but are not obligated to replace the lost, stolen, or damaged piece. We are not responsible for third party pick-ups and deliveries.
(7) We are not responsible for delays in delivery due to strikes, lockouts, fires, accidents, act of God, or other circumstances beyond our reasonable control, and such delays will not entitle you to refuse delivery. All delivery times are approximate, and delivery dates for special orders cannot be guaranteed. Please contact us at least 72 hours in advance of the delivery date if you need to reschedule your delivery. You will be responsible for any additional shipping and/or storage fees, if any, incurred due to your failure or inability to accept delivery (except as provided in paragraph 5 above).
(8) We will hold the items purchased for delivery for up to 30 days without charge. After 30 days, a per diem storage fee may be charged unless other terms are specified.
We offer shipping methods through common carriers, including ground and expedited services. Most orders ship within 2 business days, unless otherwise stated. Your final shipping cost and estimated delivery timeframe will be available to you during checkout or provided when custom quotes are required.
Some large and/or delicate items are marked with custom shipping and require a separate shipping method that will be provided after the sale based on your location.