Cosulich Interiors & Antiques
1875 Antique French Longwy Style Centerpiece Flower Vase of Asian Decor by Gien433Pi
Dated 1875, French rare centerpiece / bowl in majolica by Gien renowned for its exquisite Faience fine. This piece of unusual fan shape is decorated with a background worked with raised cloisonne enamels in the manner of Longwy, with vibrant colors, hand painted with 4 different oriental scenes on each side. The division in 3 sections makes it ideal as a planter or flower holder. With signature "terre de fer" by Gien.
History: The factory was founded in 1821 by the English Thomas Hall and became one of the most important names in the World Exhibitions in Paris, since 1855, winning each time one of the first three prizes for its innovative and daring spirit, until the 1900 World Exhibition, when Gien was nominated jury member and not allowed to compete: its stand was one of the most impressive with its display of monumental objects d’art: amongst vases 6 feet tall, a spectacular 12 feet candelabra clock decorated with 4 cupids made by the famous sculptor Mathurin Moreau. The factory still produces today, with the same traditional techniques and superb quality and its Museum offers the best pieces of its historical production to see.
We always offer a choice of pieces coming from private collections, special for their uniqueness, the creative spirit and quality of the decoration and for their part in the rich history of the Company. On display at our NYDC Showroom.
Of the period
Of the period
Excellent. A fine hairline and slight wear on the inside border as seen on last photograph .
Exchange Within 30 Days or Store Credit
Terms of Service
Exchange within 30 days or Store Credit.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
You acknowledge and agree that:
(1) We must receive payment in full before delivery unless other payment terms are specified. Special orders may require payment in full or a non-refundable deposit in the amount stated at the time your order is placed depending on the piece.
(2) All of the items described are sold "as is" and with all faults. We make every effort to describe as accurately as possible the condition. For custom-designed items, we cannot guarantee the full accuracy of colors.
(3) Antique pieces inherently have wear and tear from age and prior use, and despite restoration, may still have faults, such as nail pops, scratches, splinters, blemishes, stains, etc. We are not responsible for any of the inherent characteristics of antique pieces.
(4) All sales are final and may not be cancelled. The items purchased may not be returned for refund or exchange except as stated in paragraphs 5 and 6 below.
(5) Returns will be accepted for an in-store merchandise voucher of equal value ONLY if the merchandise is returned in the same condition as existed when it was purchased, and ONLY if returned within thirty (30) days of the date of delivery, and ONLY if accompanied by the original sales receipt.
(6) if any of the items that you purchased are damaged during deliveries carried out IN FULL by Cosulich Interiors and you notify us at the time of delivery, we will, at our expense, restore the piece to your satisfaction. If the piece is lost or stolen, or damaged beyond restoration, we will accept a return of the piece for a full refund or exchange, but are not obligated to replace the lost, stolen, or damaged piece. We are not responsible for third party pick-ups and deliveries.
(7) We are not responsible for delays in delivery due to strikes, lockouts, fires, accidents, act of God, or other circumstances beyond our reasonable control, and such delays will not entitle you to refuse delivery. All delivery times are approximate, and delivery dates for special orders cannot be guaranteed. Please contact us at least 72 hours in advance of the delivery date if you need to reschedule your delivery. You will be responsible for any additional shipping and/or storage fees, if any, incurred due to your failure or inability to accept delivery (except as provided in paragraph 5 above).
(8) We will hold the items purchased for delivery for up to 30 days without charge. After 30 days, a per diem storage fee may be charged unless other terms are specified.
We offer shipping methods through common carriers, including ground and expedited services. Most orders ship within 2 business days, unless otherwise stated. Your final shipping cost and estimated delivery timeframe will be available to you during checkout or provided when custom quotes are required.
Some large and/or delicate items are marked with custom shipping and require a separate shipping method that will be provided after the sale based on your location.