Cosulich Interiors & Antiques
Angelo Brotto Italian Vintage Crystal Murano Glass Globe Nickel Brass Floor Lamp1049PG
Early 1960s organic modern floor lamp by Angelo Brotto, a streamlined design with a curvilinear pillar in polished nickel, supporting thin brass rods to embrace a blown satinated Murano glass globe, worked with a corrugated pattern in a very organic texture, catching reflections that give movement to the light source, and create an atmospheric halo around it. The combination of nickel and brass is a typical trait of Angelo Brotto's designs.
The condition is original and quite pleasing for the age.
Fitted with 1 Edison socket.
Diameter of base: 13"
Angelo Brotto (Venice 1914 – Campiglia Marittima 2002, Italy) was a Venetian designer and artist distinguished for his lighting designs and his use of innovative combinations with unique materials, breaking from the traditional ways.
He graduated from the Venetian Accademia di Belle Arti in 1941 and in the late 1940s, created pieces for Peggy Guggenheim’s collection.
In the 1960s he began a very successful collaboration with the Tuscan Company Esperia and became their main lighting designer, quickly earning fame for creating exclusive artistic modern shapes. Winner of many Design and Art awards, he participated in numerous exhibitions and Biennials.
Of the period
Of the period
Good, wear consistent with age and use
Exchange Within 30 Days or Store Credit
Terms of Service
Exchange within 30 days or Store Credit.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
You acknowledge and agree that:
(1) We must receive payment in full before delivery unless other payment terms are specified. Special orders may require payment in full or a non-refundable deposit in the amount stated at the time your order is placed depending on the piece.
(2) All of the items described are sold "as is" and with all faults. We make every effort to describe as accurately as possible the condition. For custom-designed items, we cannot guarantee the full accuracy of colors.
(3) Antique pieces inherently have wear and tear from age and prior use, and despite restoration, may still have faults, such as nail pops, scratches, splinters, blemishes, stains, etc. We are not responsible for any of the inherent characteristics of antique pieces.
(4) All sales are final and may not be cancelled. The items purchased may not be returned for refund or exchange except as stated in paragraphs 5 and 6 below.
(5) Returns will be accepted for an in-store merchandise voucher of equal value ONLY if the merchandise is returned in the same condition as existed when it was purchased, and ONLY if returned within thirty (30) days of the date of delivery, and ONLY if accompanied by the original sales receipt.
(6) if any of the items that you purchased are damaged during deliveries carried out IN FULL by Cosulich Interiors and you notify us at the time of delivery, we will, at our expense, restore the piece to your satisfaction. If the piece is lost or stolen, or damaged beyond restoration, we will accept a return of the piece for a full refund or exchange, but are not obligated to replace the lost, stolen, or damaged piece. We are not responsible for third party pick-ups and deliveries.
(7) We are not responsible for delays in delivery due to strikes, lockouts, fires, accidents, act of God, or other circumstances beyond our reasonable control, and such delays will not entitle you to refuse delivery. All delivery times are approximate, and delivery dates for special orders cannot be guaranteed. Please contact us at least 72 hours in advance of the delivery date if you need to reschedule your delivery. You will be responsible for any additional shipping and/or storage fees, if any, incurred due to your failure or inability to accept delivery (except as provided in paragraph 5 above).
(8) We will hold the items purchased for delivery for up to 30 days without charge. After 30 days, a per diem storage fee may be charged unless other terms are specified.
We offer shipping methods through common carriers, including ground and expedited services. Most orders ship within 2 business days, unless otherwise stated. Your final shipping cost and estimated delivery timeframe will be available to you during checkout or provided when custom quotes are required.
Some large and/or delicate items are marked with custom shipping and require a separate shipping method that will be provided after the sale based on your location.